(Last updated June, 2016)
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect information from you when you register on the Site, place an order for products or services, respond to communication such as e-mail, or participate in another Site feature.
· When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, or other information. You may, however, visit the Site without providing such information.
· Users of the Site, as authorized, may submit information about students and/or other users, including location and other information related to emergencies.
· If you represent or act on behalf of a school, we may ask you (and other such representatives of the school) for information regarding authorized recipients of school and/or student information (each, an "Authorized Recipient").
· As applicable, we may obtain and track your location via the geo-location functionality of your device.
· We use IP addresses and session identifiers to analyze trends, to administer the Site, to track user activities, to infer user interests, and to otherwise induce, deduce, and gather information about individual users and market segments.
· Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about users and use of the Site. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret web browser-based "Do Not Track" ("DNT") signals other than cookies, we do not currently respond to undefined "DNT" signals to the Site.
2. How do we use personally identifiable information?
We may use the information we collect from and/or about you and students in the following ways:
· To personalize your Site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
· To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
· To process your transactions.
· To provide applicable content, products and services.
· To administer a promotion, survey or other Site feature.
3. Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We generally do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties user and/or student personally identifiable information unless we provide advance notice, except as described herein. The term "outside parties" does not include our affiliates and website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating the Site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. The term “outside parties” also does not include emergency responders and Authorized Recipients, as applicable. We may disclose personally identifiable information to emergency responders and Authorized Recipients, as authorized or as reasonably necessary in light of the applicable circumstances. We are not responsible for whether or how emergency responders or Authorized Recipients utilize personally identifiable information or other content. In the event that we sell our company, or otherwise transfer any assets of our company, we may provide your information to the purchaser so that you may continue the relationship or business with us and our products. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our Site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable user information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
4. Correcting & Updating Personally Identifiable Information
You can correct or update your personally identifiable information by re-registering, updating your profile, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org -.
5. Do we use "cookies"?
We may contract with third party service providers to assist us in better understanding our Site users. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your Site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
6. Safeguarding Your Personally Identifiable Information
Ruvna follows generally accepted industry security standards to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security and correctly use your personally identifiable information. However, no commercial method of information transfer over the Internet or electronic data storage is known to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information during its transmission or its storage in our systems.
7. Privacy and Third Party Links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on the Site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
8. Online Policy Only
9. Questions and feedback
10. Important Notices to Non-United States Residents
It is important to note that the Site is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any user information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the Site and/or providing us with your user information, you consent to this transfer.
11. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly intend to collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age, except to the extent a school has authorized such disclosure (after such school has obtained consent from such child’s parent or guardian). If a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, a parent or guardian of that child may send an email message to email@example.com with "Request for Child Information Removal" on the subject line and the name and age of the child in the body of the message. After confirmation, we will make reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from the database that stores information for the Site.